The Buddhist Library and Meditation Centre is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit educational organisation based in Camperdown, Sydney.
It has over 7,000 books and multimedia resources. These resources range from introductory material to scholarly texts in all main schools of Buddhism and related subjects.
The library is open to the public although membership is required for borrowing of resources.
There are also books for free distribution available at the library.
The Buddhist Library aims to:
- Disseminate information about the core practices and teachings of Buddhism.
- Encourage Buddhist practices.
- Develop and maintain a resource library containing a wide range of educational material on Buddhism and related subjects.
- Advance Buddhist scholarship in Australia.
- Provide educational resources to schools.
- Provide facilities where Buddhist teachers and groups can conduct classes, meditation sessions, workshops and exhibitions.
- Refer interested members of the public to Buddhist groups and teachers.